As a parent, it’s always a struggle to find something you and your kids can sit down to watch together. You want an enjoyable movie that won’t give little one’s nightmares or cause older children to roll their eyes every five minutes. You also want something that’s educational and uplifting, but not overbearing. So what films should you look for when choosing family movies with interesting stories? Here are some of our favorites:
The Lion King
This is probably one of the best family movies out there. It has a great story, and it’s very funny as well. The Lion King is about a young lion who has to learn how to become king after his father dies. He makes some friends along the way, but things don’t always go smoothly for him because he has enemies too!
Beauty and the Beast (1991)
This movie was also made by Disney Studios, but it was released before The Lion King came out in 1994. This film is about Belle who lives with her father in an old castle near Paris France where everything seems perfect except that Belle doesn’t have any friends because no one comes over anymore since her parents died years ago when she was just born! One day while walking through town she meets this strange man called “Gaston” who falls madly in love with her right away! But then something happens…
If you’re looking for the best family movies that have something for everyone, Star Wars is your best bet. The series is full of action, humor, and drama, and it’s been loved by generations of fans since its debut in 1977.
If your kids are fans of science fiction (and who isn’t?) they’ll love these movies because they feature spaceships and laser guns galore! If they don’t normally enjoy sci-fi but want something exciting and fun to watch with their friends or family members who do…these films are perfect!
- Toy Story: The story of a boy and his toys.
- Ratatouille: A rat who wants to be a chef, but is discriminated against because of his species. He eventually proves himself by making a great dish at an important dinner party in Paris.
- Up: The story of Carl Fredricksen (voiced by Ed Asner), who lives alone in Paradise Falls until an unexpected adventure comes along that changes his life forever and makes him see how precious life really is.
- Inside Out: This Pixar movie tells us about emotions and feelings through the eyes of Riley Andersen (Kaitlyn Dias), who moves from Minnesota to San Francisco with her parents during their divorce proceedings while they try to figure out how best to move forward with their lives after such a traumatic event has taken place in their family unit.”
The Harry Potter series is a great movie for families to watch together. The first film, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001) was directed by Chris Columbus, who also directed Home Alone and two other films on this list.
The second film in the series is called Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002). It stars Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter, Emma Watson as Hermione Granger, Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley, and Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy.
The third film in this franchise is called Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) which stars Michael Gambon as Professor Albus Dumbledore but also features James Phelps playing Fred Weasley while Oliver Phelps plays George Weasley. The director here was Alfonso Cuaron who later went on to direct Gravity starring Sandra Bullock so it’s safe to say he knows how to make quality movies!
Other Great Best Family Movies
- The Incredibles: This is a great movie to watch with your family because it’s funny, full of action, and has an interesting story.
- Toy Story: This movie has been around since 1995 and it still holds up today! It’s a fun one to watch that everyone will enjoy!
- Zootopia: Another great movie with an interesting storyline! You’ll love watching this one together as a family too!
- Finding Nemo: A classic Pixar film that everyone loves! Kids will love the colorful characters and adults will love the storyline too (it’s actually pretty deep). If you’re looking for more great family movies check out Inside Out which talks about emotions being separate characters inside someone’s head or Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs which tells us about how life used to be back then without any technology like phones or computers etcetera..
We hope you enjoyed our list of the best family movies with interesting stories. These are all great films that will keep everyone entertained and engaged, whether they’re watching alone or as a family. We have tried our best to include a variety of genres so there is something for everyone!